Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #36

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Hover
   Author: Melissa West
   Release Date: August 13th, 2013

     On Earth, seventeen-year-old Ari Alexander was taught to never peek, but if she hopes to survive life on her new planet, Loge, her eyes must never shut.

     Because in this world, pleasure is everything, held up by a ruling body that keeps their people in check by giving them what they want and closing their eyes to what's really happening around them. The only hope Loge has is to move its people to Earth, and they have a plan.

     Thousands of humans crossed over to Loge after a poisonous neurotoxin released into Earth’s atmosphere, nearly killing them. They sought refuge in hopes of finding a new life, but what they became were slaves, built to wage war against their home planet. That is, unless Ari and Jackson can stop them.

     But on Loge, nothing is as it seems…and no one can be trusted.


My Stance:

     Hover, sequel to Gravity caught my eye right away, I loved the cover designs and just how everything seemed to catch my eye. The astronomy was captured greatly in both covers, and for once I felt the cover at least gave me a small insight into what the book would be about. Too many times does a cover give no clue to what the book is actually about, that halfway through the book I am not sure if the artist even knew what was going on with the book. At least read the synopsis when you design a book cover, it is the little details that can separate the good from the bad.

     Hover is one of those books that I need to read Gravity (the prequel) before really diving into this book. I don't quite understand exactly what's going on, but from what I see there really isn't that much of Gravity carried over. It's almost as if Hover is its own novel and not a sequel to Gravity which has me wondering about the gap between the books. I am curious and this book definitely has my attention.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger