Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Featured Discussion] - What Your Bookmarks Says About You

This is a new segment, Featured Discussion. Where, I am looking at heading with this segment is more of a opinion based discussion. There is some that will be true and fact, but for the main part I want a good discussion, and I want people to chime in and talk. I will make my opinion and comments known as well. However please, PLEASE do not insult or degrade anyone else.

Featured Discussion:

     I didn't have trouble picking this topic, because it comes from a blog, Barnes and Noble puts out and I found the topic interesting enough that I had to share it with those that read my blog. I never really gave it much thought to what a book mark said about me, I always viewed what a bookmark meant to mean, and how much I enjoyed the style/topic I chose. So to my surprise when I read this I opened my eyes a bit and loved the topic.

     So to not plagiarize, I will post the link, and give you all to the original post. I encourage you to make comments and comments there rather than here this week. While I greatly appreciate the feedback, they deserve the attention and input more so than I do. I will give my opinion on it afterward but there won't be much to say, if you wanted to talk about that, feel free to comment on that section. To put it simply, I don't want credit for their work, or their ideas and thus strongly urge to leave comments/views on their page.


     What Your Bookmarks Says About You
     A black ribbon. You frequently make eye contact with strangers through the spaces in library shelves, and have a tendency to come across mysterious photos in the pages of used books. When you pass a ringing pay phone (increasingly rare these days), you never fail to pick up.

     A sandwich shop punch card. You like to read while you eat, and who can blame you? You also like to read in the tub—hence the ripply bottoms of half the titles on your shelves.

     A puffy floral bookmark with a tassel. There’s someone in your life who loves you very much, but doesn’t know a whole lot about you. Whether it’s a parent, a grandma, or a very generous coworker, they’ve only managed to absorb the fact that your nose is always in a book. And so you receive blank journals and cushy bookmarks at the rate of about three per holiday.

     Branded bookstore bookmark. You bookstore tourist, you. Hawaii? Pass. You’d rather spend your vacation days in the chilly embrace of the Portland Powell’s. Morocco, Spain, the pyramids? More like the Strand, City Lights, and Shakespeare and Co. Who needs a Big Ben shot glass when you’ve got a bookmark from Foyles?

     A knife. Forget libraries: You tend to find your favorite books buried at a six-corner crossroads, wrapped in the hair of a virgin bride. You’re into genealogy, mainly because you can trace yours back to Lilith.

     Another, smaller book. You read everything, always. You read books in the street, shampoo bottles in the shower, and magazines at stoplights. When caught away from home without a book (the horror!), you read license plates, sales flyers, and the backs of other people’s newspapers out of desperation.

     A ripped-off piece of junk mail. You’re a democratic reader without a trace of snobbishness. Friend’s recommendation, stoop-sale giveaway, library’s new release table—who cares! If it’s words on a page, you’ll give it a try.

     Bookmark, schmookmark. A bent-back page is good enough for you! You like your books lived in—a little foxing never hurt anybody. You’re the bane of librarians everywhere, but you never say no to loaning out your favorites. Which is why you might as well go ahead and buy six copies of Cloud Atlas now. The good ones tend to get away.

      I never thought that bookmarks could actually say something about the person, but the more you look at it, the more you think about the types of people and their habits it begins to make sense. I would have to say I would fall into the category of A puffy floral bookmark with a tassel. Okay well it's not puffy or floral, I use a stainless steal bookmark from Sacchi, and I constantly look for more of their designs. It's more of a guys bookmark but I love that about Sacchi; they appeal to both women and men.

     So when I look at the description, that I would fall in I am amazed and feel it's somewhat true. I don't have someone I love that doesn't know it or me, I wish there were :P. I am single, as I have said over and over, and for me that's probably the main reason I dive into a book. There isn't anyone around here that has caught my eye, let alone has my attention and books are where my attention is drawn to. So that's the reason I was caught by surprise when I read this blog, and found it interesting enough that I wanted to share. If you get a chance, I would be curious to see what you use, and why you find this fun and interesting.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger