Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Movie Trailer] - #4 The Fault in Our Stars


The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


Title: The Fault in Our Stars
   Director: Josh Boone
   Author: John Green
   Release Date: June 6th, 2014

     Hazel and Gus are two teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them on a journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous given that Hazel's other constant companion is an oxygen tank, Gus jokes about his prosthetic leg, and they met and fell in love at a cancer support group.

From the Book:
     Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.




Thoughts:

      The Fault in Our Stars, a book that I have just finished not too long ago, and what a ride it was. I wasn't sure I would enjoy it at all, for the reason it is supposed to be a chick lit book. I will admit, I had it on my shelf for a while, and frankly for the lack of a better reason didn't feel the obligation or want to read it. However, when I heard about the movie, I frankly couldn't contain myself.

     After The Hunger Games and how I felt the book was so much better than the movie, I vowed I wouldn't watch another movie without reading the book. To my dismay I have broken that twice now and I hope to not repeat it again. With The Fault in Our Stars I loved the main character Hazel, she's earthly and realistic, but also somewhat morbid. She is a girl that I found I could relate to and want to get to know. Even from the trailer she has this superior intellect that just shines through.

     The movie has two of my favorite upcoming actors, Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort. Now both were great in Divergent, mainly Shailene who put up a better performance than what I think Jennifer Lawrence does at times during the Hunger Games. I spoke more on Divergent in an earlier review, check it out here. Ansel wasn't in it enough, but in this movie he takes front stage. I have high hopes for this movie, as does most of the YA book universe.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger