Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #55

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past release that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Envy
   Author: Gregg Olsen
   Release Date: August 23rd, 2011

     Crime lives--and dies--in the deceptively picture-perfect town of Port Gamble (aka “Empty Coffin”), Washington. Evil lurks and strange things happen--and 15-year-olds Hayley and Taylor Ryan secretly use their wits and their telepathic “twin-sense” to uncover the truth about the town's victims and culprits.

     Envy, the series debut, involves the mysterious death of the twins' old friend, Katelyn. Was it murder? Suicide? An accident? Hayley and Taylor are determined to find out--and as they investigate, they stumble upon a dark truth that is far more disturbing than they ever could have imagined.


My Stance:

     I was initially looking through the Amazon bargain books like I usually do at the end of the week, and this book popped up, it was a simple cover design that caught my eye. Well a vlogger that I started watching, Kat, that used this book in one of her challenges and it stuck in my head that it was on her shelf. When I saw it, I read the synopsis and frankly I am not sure what to really think of this book. The genre is very hard to tell or even derive from what we're given, other than it's YA. There needs to be more into this, other than when a friend dies two twins investigate.

     Now I was leery on this, and frankly I still am. I went looking on Goodreads at the reviews and without really reading the reviews entirely (I don't like spoilers and won't risk it, I'll read them afterwards) and they were just all over the place. You would have a 1.0 followed by a 5.0 and than a random 2.0 or 3.5 in places. It was just so all over the place, but more than anything it was a resounding negative and that just makes me more interested in the book. I like to torture myself to tackle the books that some won't, and I'll pick it up and read it just so I can understand or see why there is so much negativity around this book. I just hope it's not subtle, slow moving, or extremely boring. We'll see though.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger