Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #54

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: The Girl with the Windup Heart
   Author: Kady Cross
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: May 27th, 2014

     In 1897 London, a final showdown is about to begin.

     London's underworld is no place for a young woman, even one who is strong, smart and part-automaton like Mila. But when master criminal Jack Dandy inadvertently breaks her heart, she takes off, determined to find an independent life, one entirely her own. Her search takes her to the spangled shadows of the West End's most dazzling circus.

     Meanwhile, taken captive in the Aether, Griffin King is trapped in an inescapable prison, and at the mercy of his archenemy, The Machinist. If he breaks under the hellish torment, The Machinist will claim his powers and control of the Aether itself, and no one in either world will be safe-especially not Finley Jayne and her misfit band of friends.

     Finley plunges headlong into the Aether the only way she knows how, by temporarily dying. But she cannot parry The Machinist's maneuvers for long. To defeat him for good, Griffin will have to confront his greatest fear and finally come face-to-face with the destructive power he wields.

My Stance:

     Kady Cross is an author that I've been meaning to get around to reading. Her steampunk novels have been an inspiration and part of the reason I read. The unique idea and and precipice of the novels are so great that drives me crazy that I've not gotten into. The Girl in the Steel Corset is the first book, still sitting on my shelf, that caught my eye and part of me as well. The steampunk twist on normal everyday 1890s is the capturing bit that I found fascinating. It's the unique and original factor that gives this book, in my opinion, life and personality.

     The Girl with the Windup Heart is a bit confusing but than again I haven't read the book yet. That explains why I am a bit confused and I don't know many of the characters at all. The girl on the cover is flat out gorgeous, it's girls like that that catch my attention and I am attracted to. The models and skinny pretty girls nowadays drive me crazy; the older fashioned girls that are smart witty and dress to accommodate not show off, are more dignifying and attractive. So for now I have to say that for the covers and the concept, I am still interested and still hoping to get through these books.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger