Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #34

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: A Darkness Strange and Lovely
   Author: Susan Dennard
   Release Date: July 23rd, 2013

     Following an all-out battle with the walking Dead, the Spirit Hunters have fled Philadelphia, leaving Eleanor alone to cope with the devastating aftermath. But there’s more trouble ahead—the evil necromancer Marcus has returned, and his diabolical advances have Eleanor escaping to Paris to seek the help of Joseph, Jie, and the infuriatingly handsome Daniel once again. When she arrives, however, she finds a whole new darkness lurking in this City of Light. As harrowing events unfold, Eleanor is forced to make a deadly decision that will mean life or death for everyone.


My Stance:

     This week was rather difficult and I had to use one that I was hoping to hold on to for a week or two, till the day came closer, and it wouldn't be such a wait. Eleanor's world wasn't I thought I would remotely be interested in, boy was I wrong. The world and the end English heritage spilled through every page and oozed the lovely figure and character Eleanor personified.

     A Darkness Strange and Lovely I have been waiting on, as soon as I finished the first book. This book should be better, and should bring Eleanor to the forefront again. Now don't get me wrong, I loved Eleanor and Daniel in the first book and their romance that as soon as it blossomed, wilted away with Daniel fleeing with the rest of the Spirit Hunters. Eleanor was refreshing, she was strong willed and a very very independent young woman, but in a different way than I would say Saba from the Dustlands series or Katniss from The Hunger Games series are. 
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger