Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #37

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Crown of Midnight
   Author: Sarah J. Maas
   Release Date: August 27th, 2013

     An assassin’s loyalties are always in doubt.
     But her heart never wavers.


     After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.

     Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice.

     Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?


My Stance:

     Crown of Midnight is on my list and while I haven't read Throne of Glass as of yet, the series caught my eye and on a whim I picked up the first book. What I enjoyed the most about the book or essentially the concept, which bought to life a world of thievery and assassins. However, it focused more on a girl than the previously thought out mainly male assassins. The issue with the cover I have is, who exactly is it on the cover? I understand that Calaena was the cover of the first book, but this doesn't seem to be Westfall or the Prince but what do I know.

     I am looking forward to reading both books, and hope that the world is as much as I hope. It reminds me of Assassin's Creed, which I don't want to place that expectation on it. The world building will be key and a great sly sense will need to be embedded in every character, or how they carry themselves. I'm curious and we'll see how those pan out.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger