Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Book Review] - Rapture by Lauren Kate

Title: Rapture
   Author: Lauren Kate
   Series: #4 - Fallen
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: June 12nd, 2012
   My Rating: 3.0 out of 5.0

     The sky is dark with wings....

     Like sand through an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the angels fell to earth.

     Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this — live only to lose Luce again and again. Yet together they face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies...and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed.

     And suddenly Luce knows what must happen. For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her — and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now is the only one that truly matters.

     In the fight for Luce, who will win?

     Rapture is the astonishing conclusion to the Fallen series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.

My Review:

     Rapture was the highlight of this series and saying that, was a let down. I had figured what Luce was, who she was, and pretty much everything about her and Lucifer. The plot was just so predictable that I find it rather distasteful and by the end was rather boring. The whole story reveals a lot about Luce and her past, who she is, and what she is capable of; and let me warn you, you should be able to figure out most of those details before they actually appear in the series.

     Luce comes out of the past and knows that the reckoning is coming, when Lucifer will close the gap from the past to the future and erase the time that would have occurred in between. It would rid all the memories, experiences, people, etc. of all the that would have happened in between. The need to find the source of the fall, and stop it before Lucifer can finish his plan.

     On the journey to find the place of the Fall, the group of morons have to split up and find three artifacts. Okay I have to say, they even mention that splitting up is a bad idea, and yet they manage to split up. Luce and Daniel of course get paired together, and through finding the artifacts they realize that splitting up was a bad idea. Well DUH, you mentioned it was a bad idea, what did you think would happen? There are groups of people that want to stop them from finding the Fall, finding the pieces, so why would it be a good idea to split up?

     On another note, along the way Luce starts to has visions of her past, and realize who she is. I won't spoil this, but I knew who she was from book one and I hate to say, but when it was announced in this book, I was disappointed to find out I was right. As well, the history of the Angels is also told and that too was disappointing. I don't know why, but this book as much as it answered the questions everyone had, I had already figured everything out, and when there really wasn't a twist on that I felt let down. It was as if, something was missing from the book and I kept reading to find out more.

     Being a completionist I just had to finish the book, and while I gave it a 3.0, I plan on re-reading this series eventually and looking at the rating to see if this is justified. In this case I may be giving it too much credit. So I will state this rather openly, this may be an over inflated score on this book. Anyways, I hope this series doesn't ruin what I want out of the paranormal genre, because I just couldn't really understand with how hopeless Luce was throughout the series.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger