Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #11

          Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Cold Days
Author: Jim Butcher
Date: November 27th, 2012

     HARRY DRESDEN LIVES!!!

     After being murdered by a mystery assailant, navigating his way through the realm between life and death, and being brought back to the mortal world, Harry realizes that maybe death wasn’t all that bad. Because he is no longer Harry Dresden, Chicago’s only professional wizard.

     He is now Harry Dresden, Winter Knight to Mab, the Queen of Air and Darkness. After Harry had no choice but to swear his fealty, Mab wasn’t about to let something as petty as death steal away the prize she had sought for so long. And now, her word is his command, no matter what she wants him to do, no matter where she wants him to go, and no matter who she wants him to kill.

     Guess which Mab wants first?

     Of course, it won’t be an ordinary, everyday assassination. Mab wants her newest minion to pull off the impossible: kill an immortal. No problem there, right? And to make matters worse, there exists a growing threat to an unfathomable source of magic that could land Harry in the sort of trouble that will make death look like a holiday.

     Beset by enemies new and old, Harry must gather his friends and allies, prevent the annihilation of countless innocents, and find a way out of his eternal subservience before his newfound powers claim the only thing he has left to call his own…

     His soul.

     A friend of mine has gotten me into the Dresden Files series, and I have to say; The series is amazing. For anyone who likes wizards and sorcery this is the best detective and wizardry series I have gotten my hands on. This isn't your Harry Potter novel, there is far more gore, emotion, lust, and death in this series, and I will suggest that most teens this won't be your style of book. These books tend to be more on the bridge of adult oriented, and teen.

     Harry Dresden for those who haven't started the series is a Wizard in Chicago, IL. He is broadcast as a Wizard Personal Investigator for all things super natural. Now, before you ask what the public things of his office and his profession; let me say that I agree with Dresden on this, most people will ignore the super natural, because it's too hard to explain and understand. Dresden more often than not, is met with hostility, suspicion that he's lying, and sometimes worst.

     I'll be honest, I haven't read the synopsis cause the series is so good, that I can't imagine spoiling any of the in between bits and pieces of the series. This is book number fourteen in the series, I believe I am currently on book number seven; HALFWAY! I absolutely love the series, they are met with great appeal and love. Jim Butcher does a great job with the plot in each book, that I haven't found a book in the series that I would say is anything less than a fantastic read. Even if books that I would say are the lower points in the series manage to keep my attention, focus me on the goal, and guide me through the events of a twisting plot unlike any book I've ever read.

     If you haven't read this series, please go out and grab Storm Front by Jim Butcher (Dresden Files #1) and give it a whirl. I guarantee you won't put the book down, and will want to grab the next part of the series. As well in, you'll marvel in how the next few books are setup in the first book. How the mythical super natural world seems to come to live in just one book. As the series goes on, you'll understand just how good Jim Butcher is at his work. I can't wait to finish the series and see what happens to Dresden.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger