Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Book Review] - The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie and Alyssa B. Sheinmel

Title: The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
   Author: Paige McKenzie and Alyssa B. Sheinmel
   Series: #1 - The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: March 24th, 2015
   My Rating: 3.5 out of 5.0

     Something freaky's going on with Sunshine's new house . . . there's the chill that wraps itself around her bones, the giggling she can hear in the dead of night, and then the strange shadows that lurk in her photographs. But the more weird stuff that happens, the less her mom believes her. Sunshine's always had a quirky affiliation with the past, but this time, history is getting much too close for comfort . . .

     If there is something, or someone, haunting her house, what do they want? And what will they do if Sunshine can't help them?

     As things become more frightening and dangerous, and the giggles she hears turn to sobs and screams, Sunshine has no choice but to accept what she is, face the test before her and save her mother from a fate worse than death.

     The first in a frighteningly good new series based on the popular YouTube sensation The Haunting of Sunshine Girl Network, created by Paige McKenzie.

My Review:

     This book surprised me, mainly because I bought it on a small vacation and just wanted something to occupy my time and keep me busy. While I wasn't particularly looking for a haunting of supernatural book at the time, there was just something about this book on a Meijer shelf that caught my eye. I don't know exactly why anymore, other than the book just short of kept my attention throughout. I am not sure if there was just nothing to do on the vacation or I just wanted a book to read at night.

     What caught my eye was the ghost, it's not really about Sunshine being the ghost other than she can see or experience the ghost of sorts. Sunshine is just a normal everyday girl whose mother happens to be a new doctor at the hospital. Sunshine is trying to find her way, and make sense of why her mother is constantly at the hospital. While Sunshine pretty much survives and fends for herself, you get the idea that while being somewhat independent she's looking for that friend.

     The story revolves around how when Sunshine moves into the new house, she believes and finds it to be haunted. What gets me is how the glass unicorns she receives are slightly moved, and yet it doesn't always surprise her completely. I mean yea it's creepy and awkward, but she always has this idea that there's something there. As the tale goes on, you learn of the fate that's happened in that house. The story and how it as told and unfolded was great. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better story in something I just randomly picked up.

     This book for just being a random pickup surpassed everything I thought it would be. Not saying that I pick up terrible books at all, it was just something I wasn't looking expecting or knowledge of. It's worth the read, and while not being a terrible or overly impressive book, it's something to keep your interest and maybe fill a gap in here and there. I am curious to read more out of this series as Sunshine and her friend, while not being perfect and great realistic personas, they have a good relationship and Sunshine has a heavy burden on her shoulders. I am looking forward to a second.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger