Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday ] - #24

          Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title:  The 5th Wave
   Author: Rick Yancey
   Release Date: May 7th, 2013

     The Passage meets Ender’s Game in an epic new series from award-winning author Rick Yancey.

     After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

     Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.


My Stance:

     I will be honest, I have been following this book for a while, and I almost can't control my excitement that it's almost here. I love how the synopsis opens with talking about Rick Yancey, sad thing is, I have never heard of him and that first opening line means almost nothing to me. So we aren't off to a good start at all.

     First off I will say that I may be a bit bias on this book, because I love extraterrestrial and the mere thought of what it would be like when they arrived. I am not saying that it'll be peaceful at all, I hope it is; however, I am interested in hearing other people's perception of what it would be like. Which is why I love this book so much, the thought that aliens come and from the waves it sounds like they are here to conquer and rule. Yet, they aren't like the land and take over, or maybe they look like humans. That's the question lingering.

     Now while I look at this synopsis over and over I revel in the idea that Cassie is on her own and trying to make a living and struggling to keep herself along and alive. She has grown accustomed to the idea that if you group up and manage to make friends, they will only hold you back and hinder your decision making and in the end your survival. However, when Evan walks in (Ha! I get his last name!) he changes everything. So maybe Cassie's view on being alone changes, but it would mean it would give her something to fight for, something to protect. From where I stand, that's always stronger than being alone.

     I hope this book is what I am looking for, and I hope that the aliens are vicious and ruthless as well. But I get the feeling that we won't ever see them. Which could be a good thing, because it brings the idea of This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers to mind. In order to make the aliens that suspenseful though, we'll need something, some sort of push that instills them in our mind for the rest of the book.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger