Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #23

          Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title:  Teardrop
   Author: Lauren Kate
   Release Date: October 22nd, 2013

     Never, ever cry. . . . Eureka Boudreaux's mother drilled that rule into her daughter years ago. But now her mother is gone, and everywhere Eureka goes he is there: Ander, the tall, pale blond boy who seems to know things he shouldn't, who tells Eureka she is in grave danger, who comes closer to making her cry than anyone has before.

     But Ander doesn't know Eureka's darkest secret: ever since her mother drowned in a freak accident, Eureka wishes she were dead, too. She has little left that she cares about, just her oldest friend, Brooks, and a strange inheritance—a locket, a letter, a mysterious stone, and an ancient book no one understands. The book contains a haunting tale about a girl who got her heart broken and cried an entire continent into the sea. Eureka is about to discover that the ancient tale is more than a story, that Ander might be telling the truth . . . and that her life has far darker undercurrents than she ever imagined. From Lauren Kate comes an epic saga of heart-stopping romance, devastating secrets, and dark magic . . . a world where everything you love can be washed away.


My Stance:

     Lauren Kate, author of the average Fallen Series. I don't mean to spin that series in any way; read it, and if you enjoy it I'm happy! There isn't anything a blogger enjoys most, other than sharing a good read, or something you enjoy and someone else finds it and enjoys it just as much as the blogger did. While I didn't enjoy Fallen the way some others have, it had the potential to be a rather good read. Now I believe that every author has the potential to put out a work that can change how I view the world, or better yet, how society views its people, and Teardrop is me trying to connect to Lauren Kate again.

     When I reread the synopsis in this book, I found that this could be a similar concept to the Fallen series. I absolutely don't want that, so here's to hoping that it won't. I just don't have my hopes up as much as I did before with this book. The thing is Eureka seems to be that unknowing, in the dark girl just like Lucinda was, and I hate that already. I want a unique character that's strong and independent.

     Then there is Ander, who reminds me much of Cam and Daniel from the Fallen series again, who for some reason knows more about Eureka's past than what she does. I hate how these characters are becoming more and more of a throw back to her previous story. It's like the same characters, just thrown into a new world, with a new twist. It's not unique and has me worried about Lauren's creativity.

     I will go one step further and make a prediction here, I bet you that Eureka is the girl who cries the continent into the sea. As well, that Ander was there and for whatever reason he wants to make things right. I don't know how accurate the later part of that assumption will be, and will be the more likely part to be wrong, but I am nearly positive that she's the one who cried an really big river.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger