Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Featured Discussion] - Accessories: Part #1

     This is a new segment, Featured Discussion. Where, I am looking at heading with this segment is more of a opinion based discussion. There is some that will be true and fact, but for the main part I want a good discussion, and I want people to chime in and talk. I will make my opinion and comments known as well. However please, PLEASE do not insult or degrade anyone else.


Featured Discussion:


     When I first started reading I did it with a simple piece of paper to keep track of where I was. A makeshift bookmark if you will, it was handy and went through numerous books with me. However, as time went on I realized that my poor paper was starting to die on me and I needed something a bit more stable. So this week when I talk about different Accessories you can get to help read or frankly aid in the reading process, I am going to focus on the simple thing; Bookmarks.


     Now there are the cheaper paper/plastic bookmarks that are all over the market. I just hate how while you spend the money on them, and they will last for a decently long time, eventually they will die just like my little piece of paper. As well they tend to show their wear more often than anything else, and I hate that. I want my products that I use to last, something that catches peoples' eyes and get a conversation started, or makes them want to go out and do the same thing.

     So what type of product do I look at when I purchase a bookmark. Well I have three at the moment and I have to say for a bookmark they are rather expensive, but I enjoy them. Best of all though, people have asked me where I got my bookmarks! That's the best!


"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams." - Henry David Thoeau

     This was my first bookmark and as you can see. I prefer the harder, stainless steel bookmarks. While they are a bit more pricey, they will last. The only difficulty I have found with them, is the little ribbon at the top, has come unraveled a few times and I have spent hours trying to tie it back on.

     The reason I use and prefer the stainless steel bookmarks is when I drop them, or bend them like I normally do it doesn't affect the bookmark like the paper or plastic counterparts. I absolutely hate the bend marks, I hate the blemishes and the imperfections that arise as the life of your bookmarks go on. The stainless steel, doesn't have that, the most that I see out of mine is the fingerprints that arise from use, but with water and a towel that's easy.




"Make the most of yourself. For that is all there is of you." - Emerson

     What do I look for, and what makes a bookmark unique to me. I enjoy reading and quotes very much so. Here the famous authors, and the infamous lines add a bit of my passion and the pure upbeat messages that make me smile each time I look at them. As well, I enjoy sharing the positive messages to friends, and other random people.

     Now if you you have any hobby or anything specific you find that you enjoy, I suggest finding a bookmark that revolves around that. For me it was the positive messages, the pure upbeat nature of this bookmarks that keep my attention happy. So these while they are rather general, to me they are special and unique. The people around me realize that as well, and that makes them much a part of my hobby as I am.


"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." - Les Brown

     Now if you are interested in the three bookmarks that I have shown, realize that I spent a bit more than probably what you were thinking on them, but for something that's really good quality I believe it was worthy every bit of it. I would recommend this brand to anyone, I just wouldn't recommend their website.

     This is the Link to search Barnes and Noble, and while there was some on Amazon I don't see any at the moment. Sacchi Bookmarks and done by Swing Design. I love the model and the designs. While my designs seemed more oriented towards guys or gender neutral, they do provide a lot of designs and styles for girls. I would recommend checking them out and looking around at Sacchi and Swing designs bookmarks, they are so great and worth it!

     Next accessory I will talk about will be the choice of review mediums. Going into Blogger, Wordpress mainly; however, I am open to test and use other blogging options for posting reviews. As well I want to talk about why a reader should review the book. I hope to see you around!






Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger