Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #25

     Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past released that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


   Author: M.J. Hearle
   Release Date: June 1st, 2011

      Blake Duchamp...

     He's all that Winter Adams can think of. Ever since their fateful meeting at Pilgrim's Lament. Ever since he looked at her with those emerald eyes. Ever since he saved her life.

     But Blake isn't all that he seems. There is a strangeness about him, something dark and otherworldly. Something dangerous. In his attic is a secret he would kill to defend, but Winter seems to have a special ability to make him forget his duty. And he is her only protection against the gathering darkness.

     The only problem is, to protect Winter, Blake must risk exposing her to an even greater danger. Himself.


My Stance:

     Well originally I had Will Grayson, Will Grayson here by John Green and David Levithan, but the more I thought about that book and how invested or pleasure I would get out of reading it, it just wasn't there. I love David Levithan and his works, I just couldn't get into Will Grayson, Will Grayson enough to feature it, and ultimately when it came right down to it, it wasn't a book I would read.

     So the search for a new book began, and soon enough I found a book that I just enjoyed. Winter's Shadow sounds like a fantastic sci-fi book, that melds in romance to bring the world of Blake and Winter together. What I enjoyed most about this synopsis is the fact that Winter is a normal girl with a normal life and it seems all fine and dandy, until she meets Blake. Now I do believe in love at first sight, never happened to me, but I believe it can happen to others or maybe myself if the right lady shows up. Anyways, so the point that these two seem to just fall into each other is great.

     However, that's not always the case. Blake seems to have more hidden than what he lets on. Which makes this book interesting. I am curious to see what he has hidden within and who he really is, and at what cost will he keep the things he wants hidden, hidden. I am hoping the take the twist and make this a sci-fi twist, and give him some powers or some dark curse that they have to lift together. I love the premise of the book, and the hidden nature of Blake!

     The romance needs to be there, the pressure to force Blake to bring out his hidden world. As well, that romance needs to be there for Winter's persona to be believable. Well, to go with the story as well, Winter needs that romance, that love at first sight feeling and without it I am not sure how her persona will work in the end. I hope it does, this book, even for it's age, has a good potential to keep me entertained throughout the story.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger