Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #22

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


   Author: Melina Marchetta
   Release Date: April 23rd, 2013

     The climactic conclusion of Printz Award winner Melina Marchetta’s epic fantasy trilogy!

     Separated from the girl he loves and has sworn to protect, Froi and his companions travel through Charyn searching for Quintana and building an army that will secure her unborn child’s right to rule. While in the valley between two kingdoms, Quintana of Charyn and Isaboe of Lumatere come face-to-face in a showdown that will result in heartbreak for one and power for the other. The complex tangle of bloodlines, politics, and love introduced in
Finnikin of the Rock and Froi of the Exiles coalesce into an engrossing climax in this final volume.


My Stance:

     Its a late friday night and I hate to say it, but Goodreads is down. They are working on getting it back up so I will come back and edit the information and complete synopsis to a better version. Currently I used what Barnes and Noble had, and frankly it upsets me. I haven't read Froi yet and it's on my list of books to get to soon. I am not sure exactly when I will get around to it, but I definitely will sometime soon.

     First off, much like music, if I know I like the artist I will straight up by the CD and not question the quality of the music and whatnot, books are somewhat similar. There isn't many authors I have read, that I can say that they make me want to run out and purchase every book they have; except, Melina Marchetta is one of those authors. There is a small list that I would do that will, mainly because their diverse work and the way they can take a topic I am not normally into and wouldn't that I would be interested in reading about, and twist it into something that I just can't put down and can't stop reading till I finish the book. Melina is a great author!

     Now, first off Finnikin of the Rock was a fantastic read, and so was the other books that Melina has done (Saving Francesca and Jellicoe Road), so I have complete high hopes for this book. But to comment more on this book and the great deal of fantasy, romance, and environment that only Melina is capable of, I would need to read Froi first. However, I am curious on the title of the book, Charyn was the enemy of Lumatere (I believe) from the first book, so what does Quintana have to do with Lumatere. I am interested in finding that out, and knowing me that's answered in Froi which I haven't read, yet.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger