Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #26

     Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past released that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title:  Dead to You
   Author: Lisa McMann
   Release Date: February 7th, 2012

     Some memories are better left untouched.

     Ethan was abducted from his front yard when he was just seven years old. Now, at sixteen, he has returned to his family.

     It's a miracle... at first.

     Then the tensions start to build. His reintroduction to his old life isn't going smoothly, and his family is tearing apart all over again. If only Ethan could remember something, anything, about his life before, he'd be able to put the pieces back together.

     But there's something that's keeping his memory blocked.

     Something unspeakable...


My Stance:

     While Dead to You has been on my list for a rather lengthy period of time, there just is something about this book that's keeping me on edge about it. I have come across it a few times and thought about it, but for one reason or another it's ended back up on the shelf. I do wish to read it still, but there is a lot of criticism about this book. A lot of the fellow bloggers I follow have posted rather mediocre reviews on this book, but they praise Lisa McMann constantly.

     Now back to the book, this one spoke to me when I first got into book. I was wondering what the life of someone who has returned to his/her family after being kidnapped. While this is a boy, and the cover I believe is female, I won't hold any judgements based on that. Initially I wanted this to be a main character girl, because lets face it, girls are far far more emotional then what any guy can be. Lets see what Ethan brings to the table though.

     What caught my eye though was how Ethan believes he's getting back into his normal family. I say this because what if his old family, the one that supposedly "kidnapped" him, was actually his real family. That would mean this new one would be a new kidnapping, and the government or social workers helped. It would be a great story, but not so emotional. However, there is talk of something happening to Ethan, before being reunited to his real parents; the question is what was that?

     So since I made one initial jump into oblivion, lets make some more. What I thought when I just re-read the synopsis was what if, his real parents abused him and he ran away? While running away he got abducted, but part of him wished to stay on his own, and through time he did wish to go back. That would lead to a more traumatizing story, but I don't know if I could really get into that and enjoy it like I normally would. So I am curious to see what Ethan's secret is and what happened prior to his abduction.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger