Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #14

          Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Requiem
Author: Lauren Oliver
Date: January 29th, 2013

     Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.

     After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.

     Lauren Oliver is by far one of my favorite authors, and I have enjoyed the Delirium series, however I enjoyed the first book mainly because of the emotional love story with Alex and Lena. In the second book, with Julian, I didn't feel the same way (as my review showed), because of the character development wasn't even there. Well I guess I can't say that, Lena did grow and change but Julian just wasn't the character I thought he would be, and Lena seemed to move too fast away from Alex. It just didn't seem like the same romance like the first book.

     Anyways Requiem has a new spin on everything. Going back to Hana in the first book, and the life she leads in the city with a political leader and contrasted to Lena's life in the Wilds. I want to see what Hana has been up, and how life has treated her. On the other side, I am curious to see the interaction between Julian and Lena now that time has passed, or possibly passed; I am not sure where the book starts off.

     Where is Alex in this book? In the whole synopsis there is mention of the good significant characters in this book, but Alex doesn't even get a mention. With how Pandemonium ended I would at least expect to see him somewhere present. Just for the record, I am Team Alex so. Normally I don't do Teams, because I can't seem to decide or can point to which one I prefer over the other. In this case, I made an exception.

     I would love to pick up this book and answer all the nagging questions I have on the best romantic story I started, and by far one of the best authors I've read. I just hope the book does better than Pandemonium. Here's to Hana and Lena's comparison and the the anxious anticipation for this book!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger