Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Book Review] - Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

   Author: Kendare Blake
   Series: #2 - Anna
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: August 7th, 2012
   My Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0

     It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on.

     His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live—not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.


     Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.


     Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.

My Review:

     Kendare Blake, I don't know where to begin with this author. She came back from Anna Dressed in Blood and makes a wonderful story that possibly concludes the two part series. Before anyone sticks out their bottom lip and moans and begs for a third book, I don't think it needs it. The book provided closure, but left you with that feeling as if you wanted more. I was happy with that, and fully believe that every book should have as great of an ending as this book.

     Cas is on of those characters that grew on me, I wasn't all that fond of him in the first book, because Anna took most of the spot light for me. However, in this book Cas takes center stage and the world into his emotional and mental trauma of losing Anna, comes to full light. It was apparent that Cas would suffer for the lose and the sacrifice that Anna made for the small group of ghost hunters. Cas's turmoil was a great change as compared to the first book, it was lighter and the suspense built up rapidly, while you wait for it to explode.

     Anna makes her appearance just as I thought she would, and when she appeared I cheered. Just like the first book, her appearances make the skin on your arms crawl. Her bone chilling skin that opens and seeps blood, to the stalking of Cas and warning him at every turn to stay away and help her at the same time. A constant echo in the back of Cas' mind, Anna screams a confusing message that leads the story forward.

     I then hit the sub characters Thomas and Carmel. I was torn by them over and over, and I know that they are great friends and have troubles between them. Just didn't expect Carmel's issue or dilemma at all, and when everything went down and Thomas was left standing there shocked, I didn't know if I wanted to keep going. Its that type of character development that makes this book worth reading.

     And then there is the villain in this book; which is the reason this book didn't get a 5.0 rating from me. I picked out the villain from the first ghost sighting, and I though tit wouldn't be, it couldn't be. But it was! And what a huge letdown it was, and when the book was done I thought the two books could have been combined into one book. However, I understand possibly why it was done as two.

     Girl of Nightmares was by far one of my favorite books, the series was great! I too hope there is a third, but like I said before, the closure of the second book doesn't require the need for a third book. Kendare Blake has made it on my authors to watch, and I look forward to her other books. There is great characters in these two books, and I absolutely couldn't wait for more!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger