Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #18

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past released that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title:  Incarceron
   Author: Catherine Fisher
   Release Date: January 26th, 2010

     A thrilling, high-concept fantasy for fans of Garth Nix and Nancy Farmer.

     Incarceron is a prison so vast that it contains not only cells, but also metal forests, dilapidated cities, and vast wilderness. Finn, a seventeen-year-old prisoner, has no memory of his childhood and is sure that he came from Outside Incarceron. Very few prisoners believe that there is an Outside, however, which makes escape seems impossible.

     And then Finn finds a crystal key that allows him to communicate with a girl named Claudia. She claims to live Outside- she is the daughter of the Warden of Incarceron, and doomed to an arranged marriage. Finn is determined to escape the prison, and Claudia believes she can help him. But they don't realize that there is more to Incarceron than meets the eye. Escape will take their greatest courage and cost more than they know.


My Stance:

     Incarceron has been on my radar for a while. I have been looking at the book, and how people have enjoyed it's story for a while now; I just haven't been able to pin point why it never made my wishlist until just recently. The book I looked at maybe before I got into books and the genre, and really found the passion I have for books at the moment. So for that I should defiantly highlight this book.

     When I looked at this book again, and moved it to my wishlist, I thought of what it would be like for Alex to be stuck in jail at the end of Delirium through Pandemonium (sorry that's a spoiler if you haven't read the book yet, but maybe not that big of one :P). The premise and the perspective of this book is great! When I first got done with the synopsis, Finn's character stuck in the back of my mind. Was he born in the prison? If so what's the prison like? There is just so much about his character, and the environment he lives in.

     Then there is Claudia, the daughter of the warden. I understand that she's being forced into an arranged marriage. From what I see about the synopsis, during the escape Claudia and Finn will have a decent relationship. That's where I see Lena and Alex's great romance in these two characters and I hope that's the cause. I am curious to see if Claudia will take a more upfront active role, as opposed to sit in the back and hide for most of the book.

    I want to get into this book, and see the two characters that I am already finding myself drooling over! I hope you all are as well!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger