Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #71

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: Invisible
   Author: Dawn Metcalf
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: September 30th, 2014

     Some things lie beneath the surface.

     Invisible.

     With the power to change everything.

     Joy Malone wants it all—power, freedom and the boyfriend who loves her. Yet when an unstoppable assassin is hired to kill her, Joy learns that being the girl with the Sight comes with a price that might be too high to pay. Love will be tested, lives will be threatened, and everyone Joy knows and cares about will be affected by her decision to stand by Ink or to leave the Twixt forever.

     Her choice is balanced on a scalpel's edge and the consequences will be more life-altering than anyone can guess.

My Stance:

     This is book that I believe is the sequel to Indelible by Dawn Metcalf (as well), however from what I have seen from the synopsis this book almost sounds like a separate standalone novel. I hope it's not and I'm imagining things. Okay so I was wrong, this is definitely a sequel, the character is the same. So I haven't read the first book in the series yet, but while I am trying to get into it, there is just that inevitable TBR pile that's too large. I want to feature this book for the idea that I think it's one of those books that goes under the radar but has good potential.

     So, while I haven't read the book, I find this has potential and the whole book seems more of a girl who is some Jedi of sorts who can see or change everything. I wonder why the book makes her seem annoying and a power hungry crazy psycho, but you can tell there is something deeper to her. Maybe she's a Sith Jedi who wants power but also has some sweetness to her. Her character seems in depth and the major part of the story, which has me concerned, where's the plot points, what's the purpose of this book?
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger