Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #72

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: Unmarked
   Author: Kami Garcia
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: September 30th, 2014

     The heart-pounding sequel to the instant New York Times bestseller, Unbreakable, by New York Times bestselling Beautiful Creatures co-author Kami Garcia.

     He is here... and he could be anyone.

     Kennedy Waters lives in a world where vengeance spirits kill, ghosts keep secrets, and a demon walks among us–a demon she accidentally set free.

     Now Kennedy and the other Legion members–Alara, Priest, Lukas, and Jared–have to hunt him down. As they learn more about the history of the Legion and the Illuminati, Kennedy realizes that the greatest mystery of all does not belong to any secret order, but to her own family. With the clock ticking and the life of someone she loves hanging in the balance, Kennedy has to ask the question she fears most: what is it about her past that has left her Unmarked?

My Stance:

     So we all know that whole bit with Amazon and Hachette, my first run in (at the time) was with this book. So when it came time to do this bit, I was going to post a receipt from Amazon saying, "HA, You lost." However, I don't think the debate is over at all, or is completely resolved, because you can't order this book on Amazon at all. So I'll have to go somewhere else, which "Hurts my feelings."

     Unmarked is one of those books that I has been on my list for a while and I have anxiously awaiting. Kami Garcia has this way with the whole supernatural and sci-fi (of sorts). Her work in The Beautiful Creatures was great, and I can't wait to get into more of her novels. Her style is exquisite, that's a big word to use, LOOK MA! Anyways, I don't normally use something that high and mighty for an author, because about the time you do someone will come out and be better. However, Garcia just is that for her style of writing/genre.

     Unmarked is this sci-fi novel/series that seems to have most of your paranormal entities, The whole bit about the demon Kennedy let out is all pertaining to the first book, and I believe that just spoiled my ending. Either way, I enjoy how the demon is coming back to cause problems for the main character, To add to the depth of the plot is some secret that is in Kennedy's family and not some ultra hidden society, I love the concept and can't wait to get my hands on the book!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger