Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Book Review] - Linked by Imogen Howson

Title: Linked
   Series: Imogen Howson
   Series: #1 - Linked
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: January 28th, 2014
   My Rating: 2.5 out of 5.0

     Elissa used to have it all: looks, popularity, and a bright future. But for the last three years, she’s been struggling with terrifying visions, phantom pains, and mysterious bruises that appear out of nowhere.

     Finally, she’s promised a cure: minor surgery to burn out the overactive area of her brain. But on the eve of the procedure, she discovers the shocking truth behind her hallucinations: she’s been seeing the world through another girl’s eyes.

     Elissa follows her visions, and finds a battered, broken girl on the run. A girl—Lin—who looks exactly like Elissa, down to the matching bruises. The twin sister she never knew existed.

     Now, Elissa and Lin are on the run from a government who will stop at nothing to reclaim Lin and protect the dangerous secrets she could expose—secrets that would shake the very foundation of their world.

     Riveting, thought-provoking and utterly compelling, Linked will make you question what it really means to be human.

My Review:

     So this book was so confusing and almost bland novel hand me rather shocked. This book was on my high hope list, and I hate to say it was decent but at the same time was disappointing. I was hoping for a more contemporary novel about two girls who struggle to work things out and get a life together. I didn't really anticipate the whole sci-fi bit and frankly the character growth/depth was abysmal.

     Okay the world is gone and Elissa and her family live on Sekoia which is another inhabitable world. Frankly it's so technologically advanced with supposed platforms (that move you up and down levels) and subways of sorts. I didn't buy the world at all, it seemed to fresh, clean, and metallic. I just couldn't envision that world at all, and didn't buy into it at all. However it did make for some good cash and action scenes.

     Elissa is this girl who one day has visions of an alternate life supposedly. She takes them as nightmares of sorts and they plague her nights and she's so inhibited by them that she can't do much of anything. She is just this broken girl that randomly gets the idea that maybe that vision is another life. I didn't buy her, there was almost no strength to her, she was dense, and the love interest she had constantly insults her yet she still has feelings for him. It seemed to cheesy and corny that I wanted something more mature and down to earth.

     Lin is the twin that Elissa stumbles upon and begins the first part of the whole dystopian. In which twins/clones are made of people and used by the government or hidden away. I don't want to explain what they are using them for, but that was highly predictable. Lin wasn't all the open, and while I like her as the shy awkward girl she was the complete opposite of Elissa. Frankly she grows so well, but I felt that would be better from Elissa growing that way and not Lin. Its so confusing and awkward.

     The relationship was typical and boring. They ware typical and it's so aggravatingly awkward that I found myself wanting to skip over them. I couldn't get into Cadan at all, he just happened to know what to say and looked so perfect, calm, and controlled that there wasn't any flaw to humanize him. Even Bruce (her brother), was far more entertaining than Cadan and he wasn't in the book that much at all.

     First this book wasn't what I thought it would be and it took me completely by surprise. While I pretty much bashed this book hard, it was decent, okay-ish, but there just wasn't any involvement on my part. I didn't get into any of the bland characters, but at the same time the combination of them were all balanced and played off of each other. The plot was predictable, and while there was a simple twist it was easy to see coming. I wanted it to be better, but it wasn't and there are other books that tell a better story than what this does. It's still an okay book, but I'm warning you it's not what you really think.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger