Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #71

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: Messenger of Fear
   Author: Michael Grant
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: September 23rd, 2014

     I remembered my name – Mara. But, standing in that ghostly place, faced with the solemn young man in the black coat with silver skulls for buttons, I could recall nothing else about myself.

     And then the games began.

     The Messenger sees the darkness in young hearts, and the damage it inflicts upon the world. If they go unpunished, he offers the wicked a game. Win, and they can go free. Lose, and they will live out their greatest fear.

     But what does any of this have to do with Mara? She is about to find out . . .

My Stance:

     Messenger of Fear starts exactly how The Maze Runner does nearly. Mara who remembers nothing of who she is aside her name. Further she only sees The Messenger who apparently can see the evil/darkness in a teens heart. What I don't understand is that the synopsis states that if they go unpunished, what does that mean. I am confused, if you are darkness in your heart that can harm the world, how can they punish you and what happens to you?

     Further there is a bit of confusion on The Messenger. He makes the dark hearted young live through their worst fear, but how? Is there some machine some power that he has, like a sorcerer of sorts? I am confused at the whole synopsis, just what is going on in this novel and what's it  trying to convey. I am intrigued by this novel and what Mara goes through. There is something with this novel, and being written by Michael Grant I am sure that it'll be good. I am curious to see Mara and what Michael Grant conveys in this novel. I just hope my confusion at the synopsis isn't realized in the novel, but more or less makes sense and clears up as the book goes on. I want this to be great, something that rises out of my slumber.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger