Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #71

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past release that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Willow
   Author: Julia Hoban
   Release Date: April 2nd, 2013

     Seven months ago on a rainy March night, Willow's parents drank too much wine at dinner and asked her to drive them home. But they never made it--Willow lost control of the car, and both of her parents were killed.

     Now seventeen, Willow is living with her older brother, who can barely speak to her. She has left behind her old home, friends, and school. But Willow has found a way to survive, to numb the new reality of her life: She is secretly cutting herself.

     And then she meets Guy, a boy as sensitive and complicated as she is. When Guy discovers Willow's secret, he pulls her out of the solitary world she's created for herself, and into a difficult, intense, and potentially life-changing relationship.

     Julia Hoban has created an unflinching story about cutting, grieving, and starting anew. But above all, she has written an unforgettable tale of first love.

My Stance:

     Willow just screams intense contemporary. I want this book so bad, I can't contain it. From the cover that's cut in pieces like she must feel her life is, to the synopsis that just breathes heartache. I feel for Willow and how she must feel. I can only assume she blames herself, and feels that her older brother she lives with does as well. I just get the feeling she's drowning in the grief alone and while she starts to take extreme measure of release and comfort there is something that threatens her normalcy.

     Guy is such a weird name I may give him a different name in the book and call him that like Nick or something. Anyways, while he supposed is as sensitive or touchy as Willow is, I wonder why that is. I mean what other event/tragedy could have taken place that even compares to accidently killing your parents and getting nearly blamed for it by everyone? I don't see the comparison and if a relationship is to form based on those tragedies, it better be good.

     This is one of those books I would read because of Willows story alone and have almost no baring on the other circumstances. I want to find more out about will but Nick just doesn't seem to interest me at all. That bothers me somewhat, but there are a lot of books I do that with and they don't turn out bad. In this case though, depending on the story and how it's told it could be.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger