Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #79

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: Beware the Wild
   Author: Natalie C. Parker
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: October 28th, 2014

     It's an oppressively hot and sticky morning in June when Sterling and her brother, Phin, have an argument that compels him to run into the town swamp -- the one that strikes fear in all the residents of Sticks, Louisiana. Phin doesn't return. Instead, a girl named Lenora May climbs out, and now Sterling is the only person in Sticks who remembers her brother ever existed.

     Sterling needs to figure out what the swamp's done with her beloved brother and how Lenora May is connected to his disappearance -- and loner boy Heath Durham might be the only one who can help her.

     This debut novel is full of atmosphere, twists and turns, and a swoon-worthy romance.

My Stance:

     I can't honestly explain why I am anticipating this book so much. In this case the cover that caught my eye. It's just so spooky and in the whole timely event of Halloween just caught me. Further the synopsis just blew my mind and goes really well with the cover. The whole bit of going into the woods and not coming out just caught me, I love the aspect and how suspenseful the book just seems. Frankly I am looking to the whole girl who comes out of the forest, puts a great twist on the story.

     Beware the Wild is one of those books that has such a great potential, that I am a bit worried about how the book will turn out. Frankly, the biggest concern for this book is the thrill and suspense in this book, if its not pulled off well I am not sure if the story will hold up to the expectation. Sterling has this attraction, but than again I have this image of the dumb chick in every horror movie who runs into the basement without the lights on and SURPRISE she's dead. I love the potential and this is going to be the risk I take this time around.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger