Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #78

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: In The Afterlight
   Author: Alexandra Bracken
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: October 28th, 2014

     Ruby can't look back. Fractured by an unbearable loss, she and the kids who survived the government's attack on Los Angeles travel north to regroup. With them is a prisoner: Clancy Gray, son of the president, and one of the few people Ruby has encountered with abilities like hers. Only Ruby has any power over him, and just one slip could lead to Clancy wreaking havoc on their minds.

     They are armed only with a volatile secret: proof of a government conspiracy to cover up the real cause of IAAN, the disease that has killed most of America's children and left Ruby and others like her with powers the government will kill to keep contained. But internal strife may destroy their only chance to free the "rehabilitation camps" housing thousands of other Psi kids.

     Meanwhile, reunited with Liam, the boy she would-and did-sacrifice everything for to keep alive, Ruby must face the painful repercussions of having tampered with his memories of her. She turns to Cole, his older brother, to provide the intense training she knows she will need to take down Gray and the government. But Cole has demons of his own, and one fatal mistake may be the spark that sets the world on fire.

My Stance:

     In the Afterlight is one of those books that I just frankly haven't gotten into. The third and what I believe is the final book in the series, I am interested in getting into it. However, I am on my way to reading BZRK and The Eye of Minds, so The Darkest Minds are on a back pile. While I am not sure what is going on, and all the reviews and reactions to the book have been rather good. I haven't heard anything bad about this book, and I have been really anticipating this series in general.

     I would love to comment more on this however, but I can't. Because frankly I am anticipating reading the book, and I don't want to read the synopsis and spoil the ending possibly, to some of the books. I love the idea and while I am not getting around to it sooner, the hype for this book is astounding. Keep up the great work, and I can't wait to get my hands on this gorgeous cover.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger