Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #75

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: Clariel
   Author: Garth Nix
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: October 14th, 2014

     Sixteen-year-old Clariel is not adjusting well to her new life in the city of Belisaere, the capital of the Old Kingdom. She misses roaming freely within the forests of Estwael, and she feels trapped within the stone city walls. And in Belisaere she is forced to follow the plans, plots and demands of everyone, from her parents to her maid, to the sinister Guildmaster Kilip. Clariel can see her freedom slipping away. It seems too that the city itself is descending into chaos, as the ancient rules binding Abhorsen, King and Clayr appear to be disintegrating.

     With the discovery of a dangerous Free Magic creature loose in the city, Clariel is given the chance both to prove her worth and make her escape. But events spin rapidly out of control. Clariel finds herself more trapped than ever, until help comes from an unlikely source. But the help comes at a terrible cost. Clariel must question the motivations and secret hearts of everyone around her - and it is herself she must question most of all.

My Stance:

     So the prequel is here and the hype for this book is rather high. I haven't read any of this series at all, but I have managed to pick up the first book Sabriel (which is on my to read list). While this is on my list, I haven't really heard anything about this before Clariel and with Clariel something about the series just blew up. The whole fantasy (not sure if this is considered high-fantasy) though. I am really excited to start this, however looking at some of the names, I am going to need some help or something with pronunciations.

     I would love to say something further on the book, but frankly all I know is that it's a prelude into Sabriel (I think). I know that the books focus on different characters, however Clariel in this book kind of intrigues me, the synopsis gives nearly nothing of the series (after Clariel) away, so yay for no spoilers. I was more or less wondering what style of fantasy this is, I mean is it your vampire/werewolf fantasy or a dragon/centaur sort. The cover kind of gives it away sort of, but I am curious to go further and distrust the cover.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger