Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #75

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past release that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: No One Else Can Have You
   Author: Kathleen Hale
   Release Date: January 7th, 2014

     Small towns are nothing if not friendly. Friendship, Wisconsin (population: 689 688) is no different. Around here, everyone wears a smile. And no one ever locks their doors. Until, that is, high school sweetheart Ruth Fried is found murdered. Strung up like a scarecrow in the middle of a cornfield.

     Unfortunately, Friendship’s police are more adept at looking for lost pets than catching killers. So Ruth’s best friend, Kippy Bushman, armed with only her tenacious Midwestern spirit and Ruth’s secret diary (which Ruth’s mother had asked her to read in order to redact any, you know, sex parts), sets out to find the murderer. But in a quiet town like Friendship—where no one is a suspect—anyone could be the killer.

My Stance:

     No One Else Can Have You, was one of those books that I passed at the time. I wish I hadn't something about the way the murder and how the solving seems to go down is enticing. I am looking at the synopsis and haven't really figured out why I passed on this book. Frankly I think it was maybe because I thought it was going to be more of contemporary romance, or frankly I was told or got the wrong impression of the book. I wish I would have done more research,

     What confuses me most, isn't it ironic that the town is Friendship? I mean you are asking for someone to die in that town. However, I find that Ruth just needs more building, there isn't enough about her to get me interested in her at all, or figure out why she wants to solve her friends murder. She was murdered, going after him/her would more than likely get you killed, so why? Further why can't the police solve it, other than having nothing to do in town for a long while; they should still be trained and caught up to date on the laws and procedures. It just doesn't paint a good picture for the officials and frankly I don't buy into it, but I'll give it a shot and we'll see what happens.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger