Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #48

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: Toxic Heart
   Author: Theo Lawrence
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: April 8th, 2014

     A city in flames. A trust betrayed. A perfect love destroyed.

     Has Aria lost Hunter, her one true love?

     Ever since rebellion broke out in Mystic City, pitting the ruling elite against the magic-wielding mystics, Aria has barely seen her boyfriend. Not surprising, since Hunter is the leader of the mystic uprising, and he'll do whatever it takes to win freedom for his people—even if that means using Aria.

     But Aria is no one's pawn. She believes she can bring the two warring sides together, save the city, and win back the Hunter she fell in love with.

     Before she can play peacemaker, though, Aria will need to find the missing heart of a dead mystic. The heart gives untold powers to whoever possesses it, but finding it means seeking out a fierce enemy whose deepest desire is for Aria to be gone—forever.

My Stance:

     I just bought the first book, Mystic City, on a whim when I was looking for an odd book that wasn't on my wishlist or anything that was on my radar at all. I haven't gotten around to the book yet, but when I started the first chapter in the mall I was captivated. I loved the style of the book, or what I saw of it. I just don't have the time to read like I used to.

     Toxic Heart is one of those books that strikes me as unique but a sort of twist on books that I've already seen. Like Shatter Me in this case, It looks like Juliette and Aaron from Shatter Me, in this book. How they are almost not at all for each other but Aaron seems to think there is. Aria and Hunter are dysfunctional, and by that I mean Hunter doesn't seem to value Aria at all. I mean any guy would stand behind his girlfriend and want to be with her, if he loves her. I expected that from at least the synopsis, and I hope that Aria kicks his ass if Hunter isn't man enough to take the harder road and be with someone he cares about.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger