Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #47

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past release that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Level 2
   Author: Lenore Appelhans
   Release Date: January 15th, 2013

     In this gripping exploration of a futuristic afterlife, a teen discovers that death is just the beginning.

     Since her untimely death the day before her eighteenth birthday, Felicia Ward has been trapped in Level 2, a stark white afterlife located between our world and the next. Along with her fellow drones, Felicia passes the endless hours reliving memories of her time on Earth and mourning what she’s lost-family, friends, and Neil, the boy she loved.

     Then a girl in a neighboring chamber is found dead, and nobody but Felicia recalls that she existed in the first place. When Julian-a dangerously charming guy Felicia knew in life-comes to offer Felicia a way out, Felicia learns the truth: If she joins the rebellion to overthrow the Morati, the angel guardians of Level 2, she can be with Neil again.

     Suspended between Heaven and Earth, Felicia finds herself at the center of an age-old struggle between good and evil. As memories from her life come back to haunt her, and as the Morati hunt her down, Felicia will discover it’s not just her own redemption at stake… but the salvation of all mankind.


My Stance:

     I  have had this book on my TBR list for a long time, and while I haven't picked it up at all I am still just as intrigued to get to it. I wasn't sure what really to expect from this book, and I still don't. While I am looking at this book, I understand that the character is dead. However, what I don't understand is that there is another world beyond before you go to heaven/hell. A middle sort of world called Level 2, which makes almost no sense. I mean it's a belief sort of thing, but when you dive further into the plot it doesn't help the matter at all.

     In Level 2 there is this Morati, a group of angel guardians that oppress the people there? How can angel's oppress people? I mean the most dangerous angels are the Fallen angels, but if that's what they are it would make more sense. Felicia joins the rebellion against these angels for the sole reason to be with Neil again. Julian is the one that offers this plan to her and I hate to say it, but I have a feeling things won't go as planned.

     This book on the surface seems to be pretty cut and dry. Girl joins rebellion to be with the boy she loves, as said rebellion starts to unfold, secrets surface and girl must save everyone not just herself. While I am featuring this book on a Flashback, I am a bit worried about the plot of this book. While I may be a bit harsh on this, I just think it sounds too cliche, and this is just the synopsis I'm basing everything off of, so we'll see when I actually get into the book and find out what's inside.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger