Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #48

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past release that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: The Declaration
   Author: Gemma Malley
   Release Date: October 2nd, 2007

     In the year 2140, it is illegal to be young. Children are all but extinct. The world is a better place. Longevity drugs are a fountain of youth. Sign the Declaration, agree not to have children and you too can live forever. Refuse, and you will live as an outcast. For the children born outside the law, it only gets worse – Surplus status. Not everyone thinks Longevity is a good thing, but you better be clear what side you’re on. . . . Surplus Anna is about to find out what happens when you can’t decide if you should cheat the law or cheat death.


My Stance:

     This was a great week and so far I have been keeping ahead on everything. So it's Friday, and the first part of this weeks two part Flashback Friday is here. I am running out of older books to pick up, mainly because a lot of the bargain place I have been looking at have had a good selection and I've already picked up a good majority of the books on that list. Now I'm not saying that The Delaration is any less of a book than my first selection, or I want it less. Mainly I just look at my list and choose a book a random, first one that catches my eye.

     The Declaration, now here is a book which I has a bit of sentiment to me. I want to find a good edition of this book, and is why it's still on my list after so long. I view this book as part of the beginning and the start of Dystopia. For that reason and Dystopia being among one of my favorite genres, I want to pay respect to it and the author. I am not saying it played a more important role than George Orwell's 1984, but it helped and to me is one of the more recognized novels of the genre.

     I love the world, and it almost sounds like the movie In Time. A world where no one is allowed to have children, and those who are born are a surplus and labeled as an "extra." I wonder at some point what it would be like to see or how it would be if someone could live forever. What kind of power that person would have, and just how many people would be after that ability. I love the premise of the book, but the question I have: Is Surplus Anna the main character or who is. I love the introduction to the world, and the trouble and dilemma the world is faced with, or mainly just the surpluses. I am just confused on who the main character is, not about anything else and that being said I am anxious to get my hands on a copy of this book.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger