Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #45

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: Starling
   Author: Fiona Paul
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: March 20th, 2014

     The dark, seductive conclusion to the thrilling Secrets of the Eternal Rose trilogy!

     In the final book in the trilogy, Cass and Luca are back in Venice trying to find the Book of the Eternal Rose to clear Luca's name and keep them both out of prison. But the hunters become the hunted when the Order of the Eternal Rose figures out their plan. Filled with twists and turns, danger and torrid romances, this novel brings the Secrets of the Eternal Rose novels to a thrilling, heart-pounding, sexy conclusion.

My Stance:

     Starling is the conclusion to the Eternal Rose trilogy and for that reason alone I can't pass it up. While I have yet to start the series, I am still eager to dive into the world and enjoy the finale. When I read this synopsis I get that some of the plot is given away (no one dies tragically in the first book), yet I think I feel like I have seen this someplace. OH! Right! The finale to Fallen by Lauren Kate, when Luce and Daniel are fighting against everything to save themselves and the future they hold for each other. I enjoyed Rapture, and I am looking for this book to surpass that. The whole Angel bit was too predictable, but if you want to know more read the review of the book, I did.

     Venom, Belladona, and Starling have this air of romance and brooding plot twists and danger. I first picked up Venom on a spur of the moment things, because mainly the cover caught my eye than the synopsis caught my mind. Fiona Paul is an author that I've been watching and meaning to getting around to try, I've just had too many books on the table to read before getting around to this one. I need to go on another book binge I think, to finally catch up.




Title:  Elusion
   Author: Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: June 11th, 2013

     Soon, Elusion® will change the world and life as we know it.

     A new technology called Elusion is sweeping the country. An app, visor and wristband will virtually transport you to an exotic destination where adventure can be pursued without the complications—or consequences—of real life.

     Regan is an Elusion insider. Or at least she used to be. Her father invented the program, and her best friend, Patrick, heir to the tech giant Orexis, is about to release it nationwide. But ever since her father’s unexpected death, Regan can’t bear to Escape, especially since waking up from the dream means crashing back to her grim reality.

     Still, when there are rumors of trouble in Elusion—accusations that it’s addictive and dangerous— Regan is determined to defend it. But the critics of Elusion come from surprising sources, including Josh, the handsome skeptic with his own personal stakes. As Regan investigates the claims, she discovers a disturbing web of secrets. She will soon have to choose between love and loyalty…a decision that will affect the lives of millions.

     Suspense, thrills, and romance fuel this near-future story about the seductive nature of a perfect virtual world, and how far one girl will go to uncover the truth behind the illusions.

My Stance:

     I have to be honest, the cover is what caught me first. I love the colors and the girl in paradise inside a bubble with a possible storm brewing on the outside. There is so much said by the cover that when it was revealed on Epic Reads I started following this book to try and figure out what I would think of it. As of the moment, there isn't much to say, other than Wow. I am a bit undecided on the Virtual Reality world as an escape to reality plot is a good way to take this book. However, at the same point when you look the App, it leaves no question why there would be skeptics and questions regarding it.

      Regan to me seems like a normal girl who, after her fathers death, is wanting to escape reality. I am wondering if this is a book about abuse, sorta like drug abuse or is it not as sever as that and the reality where she could fall in love and learn to live with her father's death. Regan seems strong on the inside with her pursuit of the claims against her fathers App, so why is she so downtrodden with his death and wanting to escape the reality? I find it hard to believe this aspect, and maybe I'm grasping too far. Either way for the cover alone, it'll make a great addition to my shelves.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger