Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #33

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Raven Flight
   Author: Juliet Marillier
   Release Date: July 9th, 2013

     Neryn has finally found the rebel group at Shadowfell, and now her task is to seek out the elusive Guardians, vital to her training as a Caller. These four powerful beings have been increasingly at odds with human kind, and Neryn must prove her worth to them. She desperately needs their help to use her gift without compromising herself or the cause of overthrowing the evil King Keldec.

     Neryn must journey with the tough and steadfast Tali, who looks on Neryn's love for the double agent Flint as a needless vulnerability. And perhaps it is. What Flint learns from the king will change the battlefield entirely—but in whose favor, no one knows.


My Stance:

     I have had Shadowfell on my list to get around to reading and dive into the sci-fi world of Marillier. I have a feeling after I finish Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi I am going to work on some of my more interesting and oddly themed books. On that list is Shadowfell, Insignia, etc. However, that doesn't mean I will definitely get around to those in that order, I have been known to finish a book and change my habit and what I am going to read next, plus I have a few series I would like to finish and work on as well. We'll see what comes next after the current book.

     I love the idea of Shadowfell, a king who oppresses the magical world and the people who are able to tap it. So I am excited to get into this book, but her ability to communicate with the Good Folk, or faeries, is a strange ability to have and than to claim that it's the key to overthrowing a King. I know this is going to sound bad and I'm probably going to get flamed for this, How can talking to faeries be the key? I mean she's just talking to them, it's not like she has powers or is able to control the faeries. I love the premise of this book, I just hope her abilities and powers grow as she travels.

     There characters and their motives seem to be at the forefront of this book. Flint being a supporting character took me by surprise. I love characters who rescue someone, but moments later are mysterious in personality and motive. Neryn seems to be a straight forward girl, who is lost in the world, and doesn't seem to know who to trust. Which is rather typical in the magical world, and judging who you can trust is rather hard. Furthermore the King breathes relentless. There isn't much about him in the synopsis but his oppression and iron will is drooling. I cannot wait to see Shadowfell and Raven Flight, and their depths!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger