Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #35

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past released that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: So Close to You
   Author: Rachel Carter
   Release Date: July 10th, 2012

     Lydia Bentley doesn’t believe the rumors about the Montauk Project, that there’s some sort of government conspiracy involving people vanishing and tortured children. But her grandfather is sure that the Project is behind his father’s disappearance more than sixty years earlier.

     While helping her grandfather search Camp Hero, a seemingly abandoned military base on Long Island, for information about the disappearance, Lydia is transported back to 1944—just a few days before her great-grandfather’s disappearance.

     Lydia begins to unravel the dark secrets of the Montauk Project and her own family history, despite warnings from Wes, a mysterious boy she is powerfully attracted to but not sure she should trust.


My Stance:

     With the sequel This Strange and Familiar Place, this book is my wish for the week. I have always wanted to get my hands on this book, simply because it represented when I first started looking at books. It caught my eye first hand, when I finished Divergent early on. However, while I have always been interested in this book there is something about the reviews and feedback that scare me. The feedback is so wishy-washy that I'm afraid my expectations won't be met and I'll be left looking for more from a series that just can't give it.

     The issues I have with this book is, time travel. So everyone is getting transported back in time? And how does some place in the past have the technology to do that, when apparently they don't in the future or is it someone from the future sending them to the past? But if they go to the past, how does Lydia find the pieces to the puzzle in the past. I am so confused in the direction and the logical sense this all has, It just doesn't seem to make any physical or logical sense.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger