Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #31

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Star Cursed
   Author: Jessica Spotswood
   Release Date: June 18th, 2013

     With the Brotherhood persecuting witches like never before, a divided Sisterhood desperately needs Cate to come into her Prophesied powers. And after Cate's friend Sachi is arrested for using magic, a war-thirsty Sister offers to help her find answers—if Cate is willing to endanger everyone she loves.

     Cate doesn't want to be a weapon, and she doesn't want to involve her friends and Finn in the Sisterhood's schemes. But when Maura and Tess join the Sisterhood, Maura makes it clear that she'll do whatever it takes to lead the witches to victory. Even if it means sacrifices. Even if it means overthrowing Cate. Even if it means all-out war.

     In the highly anticipated sequel to Born Wicked, the Cahill Witch Chronicles continue Cate, Maura and Tess's quest to find love, protect family, and explore their magic against all odds in an alternate history of New England.


My Stance:

     Star Cursed, sequel to Born Wicked, has caught my eye, and been on my radar as soon as I picked up the first book in the series. I was looking forward to reading Born Wicked, and while I have been away reading other books. I know I have said in the past that I won't read synopsis belong to books I haven't read yet, but I mistakenly read this one.

     I am looking at this book rather oddly, I haven't really read the first book, so I can't give a really good description on this book entirely. Cate and the sisters seem to be struggling over power, except I am not sure who is in control or what exactly Cate is looking to achieve. Furthermore, Cate doesn't seem to want power, or anything really to do do with what her sisters are after.

     It looks like Cate is searching to keep her family and friends together, and part of her life. There is mention of Cate being a weapon, however I don't understand that perspective. How can one witch be more powerful than another, I know it sounds ridiculous. Think about it though, other than driving factors and what makes a person fight; power for power both should be on equal footing. My question is, why is Cate so valuable and what makes her a weapon more-so than any others? I guess if I read the first book that may be answered.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger