Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Stacking the Shelves] - #7

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your bookshelf, be it the physical one or your digital one!


      Well I am back in the groove of doing things. While vacation was fun and all, work and reading has picked up again. I needed the time off and a slight relaxation from everything, and well some time to write and catch up on where I want to be in that book, which I need to do more of anyways. Back on track though, I did pick up a few books and more are on their way for next week. I will have to stop my book purchases for a bit, I have too many on my shelf that I need to get around to, and having a slight break will give me the free money to save and hole away for the newer books and catch up on a lot of the newer and older released books I have.

Dust & Decay
Behemoth

Barnes and Noble:


   Author: Jonathan Maberry
   Format: Hardback
   Release Date: August 30th, 2011

     Six months have passed since the terrifying battle with Charlie Pink-eye and the Motor City Hammer in the zombie-infested mountains of the Rot & Ruin. It’s also six months since Benny Imura and Nix Riley saw something in the air that changed their lives. Now, after months of rigorous training with Benny’s zombie-hunter brother Tom, Benny and Nix are ready to leave their home forever and search for a better future. Lilah the Lost Girl and Benny’s best friend Lou Chong are going with them. Sounds easy. Sounds wonderful. Except that everything that can go wrong does. Before they can even leave there is a shocking zombie attack in town. But as soon as they step into the Rot & Ruin they are pursued by the living dead, wild animals, insane murderers and the horrors of Gameland –where teenagers are forced to fight for their lives in the zombie pits. Worst of all…could the evil Charlie Pink-eye still be alive?

     In the great Rot & Ruin everything wants to kill you. Everything…and not everyone in Benny’s small band of travelers will make it out alive.

     Rot & Ruin has me enthralled and even if I haven't gotten around to starting the series there is something about the cover that has this raw energy and mobidity that I am so entrenched to start and finish the series. I can't wait to start and for that reason I have left reading the synopsis out of of my mind, in fear of spoilers. As well, Benny seems grand and his character I hope has a depth and personality to him. I don't want to read another book like The Maze Runner where I understood Thomas halfway through the second book, I want something more from Benny...







Title: Behemoth
   Author: Scott Westerfeld
   Format: Hardback
   Release Date: October 5th, 2011

     The behemoth is the fiercest creature in the British navy. It can swallow enemy battleships with one bite. The Darwinists will need it, now that they are at war with the Clanker powers.

     Deryn is a girl posing as a boy in the British Air Service, and Alek is the heir to an empire posing as a commoner. Finally together aboard the airship Leviathan, they hope to bring the war to a halt. But when disaster strikes the Leviathan's peacekeeping mission, they find themselves alone and hunted in enemy territory.

     Alek and Deryn will need great skill, new allies, and brave hearts to face what's ahead.

     There is just something about Scott Westerfeld and his books that have generated a following. Again I haven't started the series again. This is why I posted earlier, I feel bad for having these books come in with almost no time to get them in and read them, so I could at least give a halfway decent response to why I picked the book up other than I'm interested in the book and hope it does _____ for me.

     Anyways, the idea of an alternate war fought with steampunk and odd creation of machines and obelisks. I am curious to see some of the monstrous war machines and how this alternate universe goes about fighting the war. I would love to see Scott Westerfeld do a WW2 novel and see how well that goes, but I'm not sure that'd be his type of field. I am curious on the steampunk and the machines most of all in this book, almost more than some of the characters I've read about.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger