Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #9

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past released that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title:  Ashes
   Author: Ilsa J. Bick
   Release Date: September 6th, 2011

     It could happen tomorrow . . .

     An electromagnetic pulse flashes across the sky, destroying every electronic device, wiping out every computerized system, and killing billions.

     Alex hiked into the woods to say good-bye to her dead parents and her personal demons. Now desperate to find out what happened after the pulse crushes her to the ground, Alex meets up with Tom—a young soldier—and Ellie, a girl whose grandfather was killed by the EMP.

     For this improvised family and the others who are spared, it’s now a question of who can be trusted and who is no longer human.


My Stance:

     This week I have fallen behind, I apologize for that. I am in the process of trying to finish The Kill Order and get back on track of things, but I just haven't had the time. Anyways I know that Wednesday has gone and past, but I wanted to give you a look into a book that I've been dying to get my hands on, sorry for the pun.

     Ashes, is one of those books that has me a bit hyped up, there is so much potential in this book. In the process of reading The Kill Order there is a bit of similarity or sounds like there is. I hope that there is some government or group that caused the EMP. There would be a lot of drama and more questions to be answered if that was the case. Because right now it is just a simple question of what caused the EMP. I mean that's where the only starting point is, figure out what caused it and than who and why goes from there.

     Then there is this improvised family stuck in all this human / in-human things. I'm not sure if there is zombies, but this would be a good book to put them in. However, I don't want this to be a casual run-from-zombie book. I want the zombies to be feared, I want to feel afraid and shake while reading this book if that's the case. However, I get the feeling that won't be happening with this book. As well I hope that the improvised family knowingly fears the zombies, which will happen. I just want more out of the zombies or whatever it is out of this book than what will probably be there.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger