Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #7

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past released that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


I know this one is a bit later than what I normally do, I'm sorry. I haven't been feeling all that well today, and I've had a few errands to run today. However without further or due, here's this weeks selection from my ever growing wishlist.


   Author: George Orwell
   Release Date: July 29th, 2004

     Hidden away in the Record Department of the sprawling Ministry of Truth, Winston Smith skilfully rewrites the past to suit the needs of the Party. Yet he inwardly rebels against the totalitarian world he lives in, which demands absolute obedience and controls him through the all-seeing telescreens and the watchful eye of Big Brother, symbolic head of the Party. In his longing for truth and liberty, Smith begins a secret love affair with a fellow-worker Julia, but soon discovers the true price of freedom is betrayal.


My Stance:

     I have heard a lot of good things about this particular book and I've always had this interest in seeing what the drive toward this book was all about. As well, there are a lot of people that say this style of book is geared toward more of a male audience that's into the dystopian scene. I am hoping that's the case, I'm interested but I'm not sure based on the synopsis and what little I have heard about it. It will be a good read, and one of the older books that I'll get into.







Title: Starcrossed
   Author: Josephine Angelini
   Release Date: May 31st, 2011

     Set on the island of Nantucket, STARCROSSED tells the tale of Helen Hamilton, a young woman whose destiny is forever altered when she meets Lucas Delos and tries to kill him in front of her entire high school. Which is terribly inconvenient, not only because Lucas is the most beautiful boy on the island, but also because Helen is so achingly shy she suffers physical pain whenever she is given too much attention.

     Making matters worse, Helen is beginning to suspect she’s going crazy. Whenever she’s near Lucas or any member of his family she sees the ghostly apparitions of three women weeping bloody tears, and suffers the burden of an intense and irrational hate. She soon learns that she and Lucas are destined to play the leading roles in a Greek tragedy that the Three Fates insist on repeating over and over again throughout history. Like her namesake, Helen of Troy, she’s destined to start a war by falling in love. But even though Lucas and Helen can see their own star-crossed destiny, they’re still powerfully attracted to each other. Will they give up their personal happiness for the greater good, or risk it all to be together?

My Stance:

     Many of you who do follow me, I hope know already that I'm a hopeless romantic, and very very chivalrous. That's why this book peaks my interest. It's the whole love story and the aching tale of how their relationship and the destiny or fate she's supposed to live warp and distort.

     I am intrigued as ell by the question at the end. I am the type of person if I find that one person that makes me feel the way that's sort of described, I wouldn't think twice about making that decision. I would risk it all and be with the one person, because without her what would the safety of everything around you be worth in the end? To me the risk and the journey makes everything worthwhile, gives meaning and purpose to the reason you are together.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger