Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #60

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past release that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Beauty Queens
   Author: Libba Bray
   Release Date: May 24th, 2011

     The fifty contestants in the Miss Teen Dream pageant thought this was going to be a fun trip to the beach, where they could parade in their state-appropriate costumes and compete in front of the cameras. But sadly, their airplane had another idea, crashing on a desert island and leaving the survivors stranded with little food, little water, and practically no eyeliner.

     What's a beauty queen to do? Continue to practice for the talent portion of the program - or wrestle snakes to the ground? Get a perfect tan - or learn to run wild? And what should happen when the sexy pirates show up?

     Welcome to the heart of non-exfoliated darkness. Your tour guide? None other than Libba Bray, the hilarious, sensational, Printz Award-winning author of A Great and Terrible Beauty and Going Bovine. The result is a novel that will make you laugh, make you think, and make you never see beauty the same way again.

My Stance:

     Beauty Queens came to me through a random visit to a bookstore. I loved the cover, well the idea of the cover. The girl is sorta hot, but clearly photoshopped. I mean look at the arm proportions and how the welbo looks in comparison to the torso and bust. Further, the chin/face is so almost manly that I'ts sad, but maybe that's what this book is about.

     I understand that the book is about these 50 contestants who upon flying to a beach but in a drastic turn of events leaves them all stranded on an island. I hate to say this, but you would think they'd have publicists, body guards, or frankly someone or anyone with those contestants, and they wouldn't be alone. Why do I get the feeling I am probably wrong. Ah well, I enjoy it because it takes those girls who are used to be pampered and paraded around, and put in an usual situation where they have to think and survive on their own.

     I would love to see the contest questions after they make it back on main land. I mean, "What did you do for food?" "Oh we ate each other." I literally just love this idea and how the potential can be amazing. I have heard a few good things, but in general I haven't heard much about this book overall. I am curious to get to it, and see if I can find a good copy to get my hands on.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger