Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #58

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past release that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Sisters in Sanity
   Author: Gayle Forman
   Release Date: September 1st, 2007

     Have you ever had the "out-of-control" dream? The one where you know you're not crazy, but no one around you--not your parents, not your teachers, not even the authorities--will listen to you? For sixteen-year-old Brit Hemphill, the out-of-control dream comes true when her dad enrolls her at Red Rock, a bogus treatment center that claims to cure rebellious teen girls. At Red Rock, Brit is forced into therapy, and her only hope of getting her life back is in the hands of an underqualified staff of counselors. Brit's dad thinks Red Rock can save her, but the truth is it's doing more harm than good.

     No girl could survive Red Rock alone--but at a treatment center where you earn privileges for ratting out your peers, it's hard to know who you can trust. For Brit, everything changes when she meets V, Bebe, Martha, and Cassie, four girls who keep her from going over the edge. Together they'll hold on to their sanity and their sisterhood while trying to keep their Red Rock reality from becoming a full-on nightmare.

My Stance:

     Gayle Forman returns. There is something about her that drives me batty, it's strictly platonic though. I want more of her novels, and her characters. But this also is brought to me by Amazon and a fellow blogger. I find Sisters in Sanity on sale in Amazon, but I also looked up the reviews to judge the early book. However when looking at it, I found Emily's review and the first paragraph she wrote sold me. I don't read much of her reviews right away, cause I want to come back to them and re-read them after I finished the book. I love comparing what I think and believe about a book to hers.

     Back to the book: I love how Gayle Forman takes this strong-willed girl and throws her into an extraordinary position. However, my question is, does she need help or does her father think she does? I mean if she doesn't but doesn't perceive she does, maybe those friends closest to her will help her in a way that the facility can't. Everyone gets help their own way and how they heal or cope is different as well. It's a story that I think I'll enjoy, just wish there were more masculine books like this, but the story would be dull. Guys aren't as emotional or expressive as females, not that I am being sexist or anything.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger