Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Movie Trailer] - #7 If I Stay


The Giver by Lois Lowry


Title: If I Stay
   Director: R.J. Cutler
   Author: Gayle Forman
   Release Date: August 22nd, 2014

      Life changes in an instant for young Mia Hall after a car accident puts her in a coma. During an out-of-body experience, she must decide whether to wake up and live a life far different than she had imagined.

From the Book:
      Just listen, Adam says with a voice that sounds like shrapnel.
      I open my eyes wide now.
      I sit up as much as I can.
      And I listen.

      Stay, he says.

      Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?

      Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it's the only one that matters.
      If I Stay is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of family, and the choices we all make.



Thoughts:

      Now here is a book that I've been waiting for a while. Ever since I finished this book, I have always thought this would be a great movie. Rated a solid 4.5 when I finally got around to the review. As well, since the ecstatic The Fault in Our Stars, this is the next movie on my must watch list. I have high hopes for this book, it's solid and if the book is followed like TFIOS was, it'll do wonders.

      The problem I have in this is the cast. I am not sure just how well they will capture the emotion and the rawness of the book. ChloĆ« Grace Moretz as Mia Hall and Jamie Blackley as Adam, neither of them strike me as impressive. The only one that I am remotely interested in is ChloĆ«, but who wouldn't she's the focus of the movie and the book. I just hope she is able to pull it off.

     Further, the book uses a lot of flashbacks to tell the story of Mia and make an impact of the choices she needs to make in a short time. How she fights and the people there by her side as well. I want something more out of this movie, but frankly I am sceptical of this. I want it to do great, for YA and Gayle Forman. I'll see it either way, but I want to come out of that theatre with a lasting impression. It can be done.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger