Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Book Review] - Bound by Erica O'Rourke

Title: Bound
   Series: Erica O'Rourke
   Series: #3 - Torn Trilogy
   Format: Hardback
   Release Date: June 26th, 2012
   My Rating: 3.5 out of 5.0

     Mo Fitzgerald has made her choice: A life in Chicago. A future with Colin. To leave behind the enigmatic Luc and the world of the Arcs. But the more she struggles to keep her magic and mortal lives separate, the deadlier the consequences. In the end, Mo must risk everything--her life, her heart, her future--or lose it all.



My Review:

     So I did two differing reviews this week and the second one, which has no impairing on the standard or why the ratings is better/lower. At the same time though I foresaw the ending to a series that while I haven't rated high or even terrific, the ending to this series bought a lot of changes in how I view some of the choices that go on in everyday life.

     Mo changes drastically in this book. While we start with the solid relationship with her and Colin, everything is put into question. The question and main question arises, why does Colin stay with the mob when Mo nearly begs him to leave at times. When the answer finds its way to Mo, and Colin finds the deal she made with her uncle to keep him safe, their relationship is strained to its core. Which to me breaks and nearly kills Colin for me. I loved him in the first two books, however here we see when it comes to his real family, he's willing to sacrifice anything and the double standard arises.

     Luc on the other hand needs a saving grace, the magic and their issues arise as they as for Mo's help again. While Colin isn't so much around, Luc finally makes his advance on Mo. I read a review that stated, Mo gave up nearly everything in her life to fix and round out the book (so I don't have to spoil anything), Luc doesn't seem to give up anything. I find that rather incorrect, yea he finds that his duty is with the magic and saving it, but also to be on some council. However I believe as the story continues and Mo questions which is more important to him, her or the Magic, his answer is there but a little more indirect. I believe he would choose her over the magic.

     In Bound though, we come to the first crossroads of the mob and the magic world colliding. I am surprised it took so long for this to happen in the series. However, I am surprised that there wasn't more on the magic side. Luc was primarily the spokesperson, and Mo's uncle for the mob. While Mo's uncle was so hell bent on trying to figure a way out to get the magic world to help and anyway to twist Luc's hand, Luc nearly flat out ignored him on every account. It was rather funny.

     This was a great end to the trilogy and I can't wait to see what Erica O'Rourke does in the future, as I will buy everything she does. I know that this series won't be for some, but it's worth starting the first book and continuing from there if you enjoy it. The ending and the love triangle was done superb, I didn't really believe it was the entire way through; Mo is stubborn and chooses who she wants nearly the entire way through, it's the boys that make the choices difficult. I couldn't guess who she was going to pick, but I agree and it's for the best. I am sad to see the series end when I was just starting to understand the characters.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger