Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #58

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: In The End
   Author: Demitria Lunetta
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: June 24th, 2014

     The thrilling conclusion to In the After, the survival story of Amy and Baby, set in a near future where Earth has been overrun by vicious, predatory creatures.

     It’s been three months since Amy escaped New Hope, and she’s been surviving on her own, like she did in the After. Until one day, her former fellow Guardian’s voice rings out in her earpiece. And in a desperate tone, Kay utters the four words Amy had hoped she would never hear: Dr. Reynolds has Baby.

     Now it’s a race against time, for Baby is in imminent danger, her life threatened by the malevolent doctor who had helped start the end of the world. In order to save Baby, Amy must make her way to Fort Black, a prison-turned-survivor-colony, where she will need to find Ken, Kay’s brother. He alone holds the key to Baby’s survival.

     One small slip-up on this quest could spark a downward spiral that would not only cost Baby and Amy their lives, but threaten the very survival of the people in the After.

My Stance:

     So this book sparks a lot of interesting curiosity from me. I haven't read the first book, In The After, and I didn't really want to spoil much of the first books ending either. I didn't read much of the synopsis for this book, but who names a character Baby? At first I thought it was a actual baby, but no it may be a teenage girl. To be truthful I am not sure, I suggest using something different to convey the same meaning. It also makes the girl sound week and utterly helpless, which she might be but it's not what I like to see in a female character anymore.

     I have heard pretty much nothing but good things from In The After and the reviews are rather good (4,318 ratings at 3.98). After my binge I plan on diving into this or who knows it could be part of my binge, haven't decided on the books I am going to be reading. Either way, In The After just sounds like a great dystopian/sci-fi alien invasion of a novel. Oh and I was wrong, Baby is a toddler. So a teenage girl has to look after and take care of a baby during an alien invasion of sorts. It's just rather absurd sounding. I would probably do the same if it was my infant brother, so I can't say that it's unheard of. It's just that there seems to be too much pressure on her shoulders and she would crack under the pressure and go insane after a while. I'm still curious to read the book and get into that world.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger