Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #17

          Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: 17 & Gone
Author: Nova Ren Suma
Date: January 29th, 2013

     Seventeen-year-old Lauren is having visions of girls who have gone missing. And all these girls have just one thing in common—they are 17 and gone without a trace. As Lauren struggles to shake these waking nightmares, impossible questions demand urgent answers: Why are the girls speaking to Lauren? How can she help them? And… is she next? As Lauren searches for clues, everything begins to unravel, and when a brush with death lands her in the hospital, a shocking truth emerges, changing everything.

With complexity and richness, Nova Ren Suma serves up a beautiful, visual, fresh interpretation of what it means to be lost.

     This is a new book and with a debut from Nova Ren Suma, I am looking forward to this thrilling tale of abduction. I heard about this book through Goodreads and the synopsis caught my eye. It's got a supernatural envisioning of girls who go missing, and without a trace other than Lauren's visions, what does it mean to the girls. The question I have, is rather simple, I am curious to know if the girls are alive. 17 & Gone sounds like a simple book that weaves in some complex issues.

     I wish I had more to add to this book, based on the synopsis but I don't. The synopsis does a great job explaining what the book is about and the motive behind some of Lauren's actions. I am looking forward to this book, and want to add it to my shelf. And yes normally there is more to a book, that peaks my issue than this, but it sounds like an unique tale, that I just can't pass up the book!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger