Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #19

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past released that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title:  Aftertime
   Author: Sophie Littlefield
   Release Date: February 22nd, 2011

     Awakening in a bleak landscape as scarred as her body, Cass Dollar vaguely recalls surviving something terrible. Having no idea how many weeks have passed, she slowly realizes the horrifying truth: Ruthie has vanished.And with her, nearly all of civilization.

     Where once-lush hills carried cars and commerce, the roads today see only cannibalistic Beaters—people turned hungry for human flesh by a government experiment gone wrong.

     In a broken, barren California, Cass will undergo a harrowing quest to get Ruthie back. Few people trust an outsider, let alone a woman who became a zombie and somehow turned back, but she finds help from an enigmatic outlaw, Smoke. Smoke is her savior, and her safety.

     For the Beaters are out there.

     And the humans grip at survival with their trigger fingers. Especially when they learn that she and Ruthie have become the most feared, and desired, of weapons in a brave new world….


My Stance:

      Aftertime has this resident evil perspective to the story, however I don't think Alice ever became a true zombie and came back. So let's address that first; HOW can a person die and become a zombie, than through some act or miracle become human again? I thought in order to be a zombie, you would have to die in the first place, and from what I understand you can't escape death completely and once dead, you kind of stay dead. Okay so this book may have a bit more Hollywood in it than what I initially thought of, and I just hope the rest of the book is better than this poor premise.

     Cass being this girl who wakes up from a coma, I will use this instead of pretended she was like the second coming of Christ, wakes up in a world that's changed dramatically. First thing, I would be freaking out; and rightfully she does. However, it's because he fried Ruthie isn't there. Now that's just odd, I would be freaking out about my surroundings, and time first before I really realized my friend isn't around; it's all in what people take in first, and I'm not saying that's selfish or anything, its just what is perceived first.

     The book takes place in California and I couldn't think of a better place for a zombie apocalypse to take place. There Cas is determined to find her friend, and she finds her savior, Smoke. Smoke to me sounds like the bad boy that every teenage girl wants, and I hate to say it, but OVERDONE! I want to see more out of this book, and it's on my wishlist and not because of how bad it sounds, but because it has potential. I hope I am wrong about this book, and I hope that there is a better reason for bringing a girl back from being a zombie; I still don't buy it.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger