Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #127

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: Six of Crows
   Author: Leigh Bardugo
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: September 29th, 2015

     Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

     A convict with a thirst for revenge.

     A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.

     A runaway with a privileged past.

     A spy known as the Wraith.

     A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.

     A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.

     Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.

My Stance:

     Six of Crows has been on my radar since the release date was announced, I have been a fan of Leigh Bardugo for a while now and the new series looks better than the last. I know it's probably blasphemy and I'll probably end up regretting it later, but for now it does. This book reminds me so much of Ocean's Eleven, that I am looking forward to it based on this reason alone. Kaz is one of the characters that I am most interested in this coming month and while I am not sure who he is in the list of superheroes, it leaves me hoping he's the thief. I have always found that there is more to the whole planned heist. The syfy take is catching and promising.

     I just wish there was something else about the book, who the other characters were and what the heist is actually. Even if you don't explicitly say it's a bank robbery or kidnapping plans/goods, there needs to be some information about what they are getting into. However, the more I think about how much I want to know, maybe that's why Bardugo didn't give us anything. The anticipation, the anxiousness is there, and I am more than happy to say she didn't give me any details, because for that reason alone, I will find out and read the book, as fast as I can.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger