Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #93

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: Polaris
   Author: Mindee Arnett
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: January 20th, 2015

     Jeth Seagrave and his crew of mercenaries are pulled into one last high-stakes mission in this breathtaking sequel to Mindee Arnett’s fascinating and fast-paced sci-fi thriller Avalon.

     Jeth Seagrave and his crew are on the run. The ITA, still holding Jeth’s mother in a remote research lab, is now intent on acquiring the metatech secrets Jeth’s sister Cora carries inside her DNA, and Jeth is desperate to find the resources he needs to rescue his mother and start a new life outside the Confederation. But the ITA is just as desperate, and Jeth soon finds himself pursued by a mysterious figure hell-bent on capturing him and his crew—dead or alive.

     With nowhere to run and only one play left, Jeth enters into a bargain with the last person he ever thought he’d see again: Daxton Price, the galaxy’s newest and most fearsome crime lord. Dax promises to help Jeth, but his help will only come at a price—a price that could mean sacrificing everything Jeth has fought for until now.

     The conclusion to the story Mindee Arnett began in her acclaimed novel Avalon, Polaris is a dangerous journey into the spaces between power and corruption, life and death, the parts of ourselves we leave behind, and the parts we struggle to hold on to.

My Stance:

     Polaris is another one of those books that I've been looking at and wondering why I haven't read the first book, Avalon, yet. I have heard a lot of good things about the first novel, but I just haven't had the time to get around to the novel. I still have this whole bit of Alien vibe off the books, and I was a pretty fan of the series. While the plot of the movies wasn't all that fantastic; the book on the other hand can correct the boring or just simple plot. I just need to finish the marathon and then I can start on the rest of the TBR list.

     Avalon is one of those books in which has a rather large comparison, " . . .a great match for fans of Joss Whedon's cult hit show Firefly." Me and my friends back in high school loved anything Joss Whedon pretty much touched, and frankly I still do. So being compared to him and his work is pretty much top notch. I just hope the story and the whole bit works. I love space and sci-fi novels so when I get around to Avalon, I just might have to marathon the books.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger