Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #69

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past release that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Stolen
   Author: Lucy Christopher
   Release Date: May 1st, 2010

     Gemma, 16, is on layover at Bangkok Airport, en route with her parents to a vacation in Vietnam. She steps away for just a second, to get a cup of coffee. Ty - rugged, tan, too old, oddly familiar - pays for Gemma's drink. And drugs it. They talk. Their hands touch. And before Gemma knows what's happening, Ty takes her. Steals her away. The unknowing object of a long obsession, Gemma has been kidnapped by her stalker and brought to the desolate Australian Outback.

     Stolen is her gripping story of survival, of how she has to come to terms with her living nightmare - or die trying to fight it.

My Stance:

     I hadn't had this book recommended to me at all, I've heard about this book fairly often from the people I speak with. I haven't had a chance to read it, and frankly I forgot about it for a while. I didn't know what the hype and what all the excitement was for this book. I turned to Goodreads and try to understand just what was going on. The one thing I learned was that everyone seemed to be in love with this book, and frankly I didn't want to dive deep into the reviews (spoilers are icky).

     Stolen, like the name suggests, Gemma is stolen from Bangkok Airport. So this is her story or a letter of sorts to Ty, her captor. What I don't understand though is the ploy that Gemma has the possibility of falling in love with Ty. If you were kidnapped by your stalker, is there any way he/she could gain your trust to even have that possibility. I know there wouldn't be anything for me, I would be done. It just doesn't sound possible or believable.  It's my main concern with this book, but I have heard great things for this book.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger