Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #67

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past release that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Shadowlark
   Author: Meagan Spooner
   Release Date: October 1st, 2013

     Ever since she escaped the city within the Wall, Lark Ainsley's wanted one thing: to find her brother Basil. She's always believed he would be the one to put an end to the constant fear and flight. And now, hidden underground in the chaotically magical city of Lethe, Lark feels closer to him than ever.

     But Lethe is a city cowering in fear of its founder, the mysterious Prometheus, and of his private police force. To get the truth about what happened to Basil, Lark has no choice but to face Prometheus.

     Facing her fears has become second nature to Lark. Facing the truth is another matter.

     Lark never asked to be anyone's savior. She certainly never wanted to be anyone's weapon. She might not have a choice.

My Stance:

     Shadowlark is the sequel to Skylark and while I haven't read the first book yet, it's on my long TBR list. I wish I had more time to get around to reading through that pile of books, but frankly I don't. It's aggravating, but work and blogging, plus if I ever want to find a girlfriend. So aside my personal life and back to the book, frankly the fact that I haven't read the first book I really don't want to get too far into this synopsis in fear of spoiling of potentially good book.

     Lark sounds like a great character and while, I did look at the synopsis despite my better judgement. However this sounds like a completely different book than what Skylark sounds like. I wonder if they are two almost completely different stories but in the same timeline of sorts. I hope not, I like how stories intertwine together. It has me confused and while I don't think it's a separate story, I have my doubts that it couldn't be. I have been looking for this book, and while I haven't seen it anywhere it doesn't stop my search! I WILL FIND IT!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger