Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #65

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: Deliverance
   Author: C.J. Redwine
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: August 26th, 2014

     Everything hangs in the balance, and nothing is certain: Rachel has been kidnapped by enemy forces and is being taken to Rowansmark while Logan, imprisoned and awaiting trial, is unable to leave Lankenshire. Separated from each other and their Baalboden comrades, each must find a way to achieve what they desperately want: to rid their world once and for all of the Commander and the tech that controls the deadly Cursed One.

     Fighting through her pain and embracing the warrior she’s become, Rachel will do whatever it takes to escape her enemies’ clutches and join Logan in his fight. But when she learns a secret that changes everything, she realizes that escaping Ian and his tracker friends is no longer an option if she wants to save the people she loves. Instead, she’ll have to destroy Rowansmark from the inside out—if she can survive the journey through the Wasteland.

     Logan needs allies if he wants to thwart Rowansmark’s power grab and rescue Rachel. But securing allies will mean betraying his beliefs and enlisting the help of the man he hates more than anyone: Commander Jason Chase. Driven by his fierce love for Rachel and his determination to make their world safe, Logan may be just the weapon the city-states need to defeat the Cursed One.

     But as Rowansmark bears down and uneasy alliances are tested, will Rachel and Logan’s love for each other be enough to surmount the unbelievable odds against them?

My Stance:

     C.J. Redwine gave us Defiance and I have enjoyed the first book, and to my dismay I haven't gotten around to watching the second. I want so much to get into it and find the story of Rachel and Logan. The story Redwine weaved was far beyond what I had expected. This book is no exception, and from what I have gathered, the ending of the series or what I think will be the end is going to be far more than I what anyone thought of.

     Deliverance is the book that may just spark that new dystopian revelation I've been trying to find. The whole story just sounds great and while the bits and pieces of the story confuse me, it's the style of Redwine that drives the whole home. I trust in her, and while I could have gotten my hands on a well less than legal ebook, I don't see how I could have done it. It's more of a support an author and the blood, sweat and tears that go into writing a book, it's not easy and frankly she deserves the credit. This is probably one of my more anticipated books of the year, so I hope it'll be great and I believe it will be.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger